Sunday 9 March 2014

SUNDAY, 9TH MARCH
Today was all about worship and fellowship, about variety of worship and encouragement through fellowship. 

The morning started with 9.30 a.m. at Christ Church for Holy Communion.  The church was full as usual, lots of extra seats brought in.  The music was inspiring.  The preacher (don't know who he was) was very challenging, preaching on temptation, etc.   The celebrant, in the absence of David, the Pastor, was Don ? who I was told  is a senior person in CMJ.  He chatted with me after the service for a few moments and said I seem to be 'bedded in' at Christ Church.  I explained my position, and it made me wonder whether I should request Permission to Officiate before I return in May.  I would love to celebrate the Eucharist in this church.

Then it was coffee in the courtyard, and I spent time with visitors from America, two of whom, Jeanette and her daughter Rachel, came for lunch with me and others from Christ Church.  I had intended going up to Ecce Homo to pick up some papers but as I couldn't contact either Srs Trudy or Rita to find out for sure that they had the papers, and it was raining quite a lot, I went off with Gila, Ava and Beatrice to go to King of Kings in the Clal Building, a Messiah Centred Community. doing brilliant work as well as great worship.  Check them out on www.KKCJ.org  Their 5.00 p.m (Israeli time) Sunday service is streamed on the web each week, so you can join in. 

By the time we left, the rain was so torrential that the roof of the building was leaking, but praise Yah for the rain!  Israel is nearly into drought mode - so hopefully it will rain for a good few days and all will be well.

I returned to Ratisbonne for the final worship of the day, and what a delight that was.   Some days ago I had received an email from the Ratisbonne Salesian Monastery next door (same building but  the other end) inviting me to a Taize service.   Well, if you know me well, you'll know how much I like Taize.  The chapel was beautiful, the candlelight peaceful, the music lovely,  so it made the perfect end to a good day. 

Bless the Lord my soul, and bless God's holy name.
Bless the Lord my soul, who leads me into lufe.

No comments:

Post a Comment